In Eastern Europe, there is a strong nexus between business and politics. Therefore, only experienced and wise foreign companies and organizations succeed. With his nearly two decades of work experience in Ukraine, and educational background and experience in finance and investments, Brian is a consultant knows how to help Western organizations overcome the difficulties in doing business in Eastern Europe. In addition, Mefford specializes in concrete recommendations that will open doors for Western NGO’s wanting to work in Ukraine and the former Soviet Union. Whether you need political risk analysis, report and/or proposal writing, due diligence or other business related services, Mefford is the consultant who can get the job done successfully. Mefford’s clients have included U.S. Soybean Export Council (USSEC), the International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX), International Relief & Development (IRD), Management Systems International (MSI), the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE), the Forum of Federations, the Swedish Institute for Public Administration (SIPU), private business intelligence companies and various Ukrainian politicians and businessmen among others.
- Contract Consulting for NGO’s Competing on US (USAID, OTI, NED) and EU government contracts in Ukraine on topics including small and medium business (SME), decentralization, monitoring and evaluations, e-governance, fiscal sustainability, and anti-corruption reforms.
- Political Risk Analysis for both institutional and private clients that has been quoted by National Public Radio (NPR), The Financial Times and other major media.
- Business Advisory Services to/from the US & Europe to/from Ukraine and the former Soviet Union.
- Comprehensive Proposal & Research Report Writing on government tenders, political, economic, and business issues that are tailored to the client’s specific needs.
- Due Diligence Services to ensure you make key decisions with full and insightful knowledge of the real situation and environment.
Mefford maintains a reliable network of vetted support staff throughout Eastern Europe including translators/interpreters, lawyers, drivers, and regional facilitators, etc. to provide the equivalent of a “one stop shop” and ensure professionalism in every aspect of your work.