Mefford has more than 28 years of political experience both in the United States and Eastern Europe. Brian has worked for numerous elected officials including Ukrainian President Victor Yushchenko, Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Members of the Ukrainian Parliament, Mayors and other political leaders.
He is uniquely experienced in adapting the latest American political technology to Eastern European realities. His work resulted in being named by the Kyiv Post Newspaper as one of the 20 “Most Influential Expats in Ukraine” as well as being quoted as an expert on Ukrainian politics by the , the BBC, National Public Radio (NPR), Democracy Digest, Slate, Newsweek, Foreign Policy, Business Ukraine, RBK-Ukraina, Ukraine Today TV, Stop Fake News, Lithuania’s Delfi and other publications. His work is frequently carried in the “New Atlanticist” blog from the Atlantic Council. Because of Brian’s knowledge of Eastern Europe, he was named a Senior Non-Resident Fellow for the Dinu Patriciu Eurasia Center at the Atlantic Council.
- Political Consulting adapting the latest American technology to Eastern European realities.
- Government Relations in Washington, Brussels & London discreetly delivering effective results.
- Strategic Planning & Communications ensuring the success of your public relations efforts.
- Public Opinion Research, Focus Groups, & Analysis with Actionable Recommendations.
- Short & Long Term Campaign Managementfor candidates, issues, and referendums that bridge cultural gaps.
Brian serves a unique niche of Western political consultants who can adapt to Eastern political realities to endure clients are successful. In addition, Mefford maintains a network of professional service providers to offer clients a “one stop shop” for translators/interpreters, lawyers, accountants, drivers, and regionally based facilitators throughout the Balkans, Eastern Europe, Baltics, Ukraine, Central Asia, and the Caucuses. This network ensures that your efforts in the region will be effective and you can start your work immediately with minimal preparation time involved. If you are need of professional, political help in Eastern Europe, Brian is the consultant to hire.